Here is a recipe for...One Minute Homemade Pie Crust
- 1-3/4 cup all-purpose flour (about 9 ounces)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1-1/2 sticks butter (12 tablespoons), cut into slices
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp ice water (approximately)
1) Place flour and sugar in a food processor. Pulse.
2) Add about half of the butter. Pulse. Add the rest of the butter. Pulse until the mixture turns into coarse crumbs.
3) Through the feed tube, slowly add the ice water and pulse until the dough gathers up into a ball. If it doesn’t after a few seconds, add a few more drops of ice water until it does.
4) Take the dough and flatten it into a disc and place it on a sheet of floured plastic wrap. Refrigerate for about 30 minutes before rolling. Remember to use the plastic wrap trick from below! Happy baking!!
This recipe makes a single crust (with some leftover). If you are going to make a double crust pie, you must double the recipe!
Have you ever had pie crust stick to your rolling pin when trying to roll it? It is highly annoying, and could potentially turn any baker away from making their own pastry. To remedy this problem, simply roll your pie dough in-between two sheets of plastic wrap!! It prevents the dough from sticking every time.