For the Brownies:
- 1 and 1/4 sticks unsalted butter 140g
- 1 and 1/2 cups granulated sugar 300g
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder 75g
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs cold
- 1/2 cup plain/all-purpose flour 60g
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips 90g
For the Nutella Fudge
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk 14oz/397g
- 1 and 1/2 cups chocolate chips 265g
- 1 cup Nutella 280g
For the Brownies
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4. Line an 8x8-inch square baking pan with foil and spray with baking spray. Set aside.
- Place the butter, sugar, cocoa powder, and salt into a microwave-safe bowl, and microwave in 1 minute intervals, stirring after each one, until the butter is melted and the mixture feels very warm to the touch.
- Mix in the eggs, one at a time. Fold in the flour until fully combined. Fold in the chocolate chips (they will melt into the batter, but it's fine! It helps produce a shiny top). Stir in the vanilla extract.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan, and spread out evenly. Bake for 30 - 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out almost clean with a few moist crumbs. Allow to cool completely in the pan on a wire rack.
For the Nutella Fudge:
- Place the condensed milk, chocolate chips, and Nutella in a heat-proof bowl over a pan of simmering water. Stir until melted and smooth, then spread evenly over the brownies.
- Chill in the fridge until set, then cut into squares and enjoy!
Brownies stay fresh, stored in an airtight container, in the fridge for up to 1 week. They also freeze well for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in the fridge before serving.