How to make Nutella Churro Donut Holes
Servings: 24 donut holes!!!
Calories: 64.7 cal
- 1 cup self raising flour (or plain/all-purpose flour/s)
- 1 tablespoon sugar of choice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- (1/2 teaspoon baking soda if using plain or all purpose flour/s)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil (or melted coconut oil) OR light butter/spread of choice, melted
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup low fat milk (or almond milk)
- 1/3 cup Nutella , melted (or this Refined Sugar-Free Nutella Spread)
- 1 tablespoon light butter/spread of choice , melted
- 1/3 cup sugar of choice
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 176C | 350F. Spray a 24-count mini muffin tray with cooking oil spray; wipe over excess with paper towel and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk all of the dry ingredients together. Make a well in the centre and add the oil, egg, vanilla and milk. Whisk the batter until smooth and lump free.
- Spoon the batter (about 2 teaspoons) into each muffin hole, filling to to 3/4 full. Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until they are golden in colour and a toothpick inserted into the centre of a donut comes out clean. Allow them to cool for 5 minutes and transfer them onto a cooling rack.
- Brush each donut over with a light coating of melted butter; combine the sugar and cinnamon together in a shallow bowl; toss each donut hole into the cinnamon sugar mix until evenly coated.
- Fill a piping bag with the Nutella. Using a a narrow nozzle, fill each donut with the Nutella until they puff up and expand (not too much or the donuts will overflow).
Nutella Churro Donut Holes
Amount Per Serving (0 g)
Calories 64.7Calories from Fat 23
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2.5g4%
Total Carbohydrates 9g3%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.